Read It And Weap

I've got to spill my fucking guts somewhere,
it might as well be here.

If I Die Young

If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song. ♥

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things I'll Never Say

You had your chance, but you said "No."
I gave you a shot, but you let go.
Do you want me to do the same?
Erase you from my heart, delete you from my brain.

The memories with you, taunt me all hours of the day.
And when I talk to you, I no idea what to say.
Things are the same and you don't want me.
So why do I let you hang around and let the past haunt me?
Maybe it's because love's so bitter sweet,
maybe it's because you were the best to me.
I miss your hugs and kisses, I miss your gentle touch,
now when you try to say "I love you", it all becomes too much.
I want to believe that things will be okay,
I also want to believe that you'll be mine one day.
But in a world, full of so many lies,
it's hard to tell if the truth is a mere lie in disguise.
Honestly, I'm scared, I have no idea what comes next.
I don't know what will happen, nor what to expect.
My heart is left broken, shattered like glass.
My memory is only of you, only of the past.
You are ready to give up, ready to let go.
Yet there's something left inside me, something called hope.
It keeps telling me to fight for you, to give this another shot.
But what do I have left to give since I've already given all I've got?

No comments:

Post a Comment