Read It And Weap

I've got to spill my fucking guts somewhere,
it might as well be here.

If I Die Young

If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song. ♥

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Numb.

As she sits in class & stares at the wall,
she's realizing now that she lost it all.
All she wanted was for him to see
he was all she'd ever need.
She tried so hard,
gave that boy so much.
Just a stupid girl, who fell in love.

She knew from the very start they wouldn't last,
still she handed him her heart, fragile like glass.
She misses the way things used to be,
she thought that was all she'd ever need.
Smiles & joy are gone with the wind,
& even though she shouldn't, she still loves him.
Wishing to be in his warm embrace,
or looking up at his smiling face.

As each day passes
that hole in her chest, it expands more & more
& she becomes depressed.
The tears fall like rain from the sky,
and she wonders why his love for her left his eyes.

When did he stop loving her?
When did he move on?
Dose he ever miss her now that she's gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment